Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hamon: Notes on King David and His Commissioning

Hamon: Notes on King David and His Commissioning 18 Feb 2013 10:40 #159

• admin
  • Administrator
He was "called to be" at age thirteen but it was seventeen years later before he had a partial fulfillment of that prophecy...

He was made king over the tribe of Judah when he was thirty years old, but it was more than seven years after that before he became king over all Israel. He had a twenty-four-year process of going from "called to be a king" to "being a king.

David was faithful in shepherding his father's sheep before and after his anointed calling.

He was faithful in his bear- and lion-killing ministry of protecting his father's sheep.

He willingly ministered to the needs of his brothers who were already in their soldiering ministry.

He boldly fulfilled his giant-killing ministry. (He didn't get exalted with people's praises.)

He was faithful in his music ministry to King Saul. (He didn't say, "I am sorry, but I wasn't called to sing for the king; I was called to be a king!")

He was faithful in his position when Saul made him captain of a thousand soldiers. David had an appreciative and humble attitude. He did not say, "My prophecy from Prophet Samuel said nothing about being a lowly captain. I'm called to the position of king."

He stayed true to God during his time of having to run and hide from the persecution of Saul.

He was faithful and true to God while giving his best service to the heathen headship he was under when he had to go outside of Israel and live in the land of the Philistines for a period of time

He did not give up during his darkest hour when all of his wives and children and those of his six hundred men were captured and all their possessions taken from his headquarters at Ziklag

When we maintain our integrity and faith during our greatest trial, God makes a way for us to take dominion over our heritage.

Though David knew that he rightfully belonged in the position as king over all Israel, he did not demand his own rights or try to make the elders vote him in as king over all the tribes. He waited more than seven years for God's timing and providential workings for all the tribes to request him to take his place as king over all Israel.

Finally, after twenty-four years of God's progressive preparative process David realizes the complete fulfillment of his personal prophecy concerning being king over all Israel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds